We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Curbside prescriptions and more
Walmart says the upgraded app has the following features:
- Pickup and delivery availability: Walmart says its added “hundreds of thousands of new slots for Online Grocery pickup” and added notifications via the app, email and text message.
- Special time slots: The app has been designed so that seniors, first responders and those with underlying medical conditions can easily identify and reserve “at-risk only” time slots.
- Express delivery: Where available customers can reserve a no-contact pickup or express delivery time to have items delivered in less than two hours. Walmart has expanded the service to nearly 1,000 stores, with plans to offer in 2,000 stores by the end of June.
- Prescription refills: With the app, consumers can refill prescriptions and can select “Curbside Pickup” or select a mail delivery option.
- Payment: Because of the pandemic, Walmart upgraded the app to allow for touch-free payments in the app with Walmart Pay.