We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Image credit: Walmart
When Walmart first started rolling out curbside pickup, it was only for grocery orders. But that changed in May 2020, when Walmart began allowing shoppers to order other stuff (clothing, toys, electronics) for convenient, contactless curbside pickup.
Want to try it for the first time? You can save $10 on your first order over $50.
What is Walmart curbside pickup?
Walmart curbside pickup allows you place an order online (either via Walmart’s website or via its app) and then schedule a specific time to pick it up at the curb (or from a designated parking spot) and have a Walmart employee load it into your car or trunk.
Walmart launched its curbside pickup option a few years ago, but for groceries only. In May 2020, with shoppers increasingly interested in contactless shopping options due to COVID-19, Walmart announced it would expand curbside pickup to include electronics, clothing, toys and other non-grocery items.
How does Walmart curbside pickup work?
You can place an order for curbside pickup via the Walmart app or via Walmart’s website. The Walmart app has integrated the shopping experience for curbside grocery and non-grocery pickup together. If you’re shopping on Walmart.com (not via the app), follow these steps to place a Walmart curbside pickup order:
1. Sign into your Walmart account. If you don’t have one, create one for free on Walmart’s website.
2. Toggle over to the “Pickup & Delivery” section in the top left menu bar on Walmart’s site. This will allow you to shop for items that are available for curbside pickup.
3. Add items to your cart. As you can see, a wide variety of items, in addition to groceries, are now eligible for pickup:
4. Then, hit “checkout.” Select “Pickup” as your delivery option. Then, select a time slot for pickup.
5. Head to the store at your designated pickup time, with your order confirmation. A Walmart employee will bring your order directly to your car.
Note that you can still order groceries for curbside pickup — and that you can combine groceries and other items in the same order.
Don’t forget to claim your $10 discount on your first Walmart pickup offer.