Coronavirus outbreak Ontario eases curbside retail restrictions some provincial parks to reopen

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.



Ontario Premier Doug Ford, alongside Health Minister Christine Elliott and Minister of Finance Rod Phillips provided an update on Monday to discuss the province’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Ford said that some non-essential businesses have begun opening “safely and with strict public health measures in place” as the province moved to ease restrictions around curbside retail and some provincial parks this week. The measure, announced last week, is meant to help ramp the economy back up after the pandemic caused unprecedented job losses in March and April.

Ontario reported 308 new cases of the novel coronavirus Monday morning, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 20,546. Thirty-five new deaths were also reported.

When asked about Ontario’s state of emergency, Ford said that “to continue moving forward,” the province would have to extend its state of emergency beyond the current set date of May 19.

MORE:

Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#GlobalNews #Coronavirus #COVID19 #Ontario

source

admin

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *